Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC)a bilateral technical and economic assistance scheme involves short term training (five to twelve weeks) in Indian technical and professional institutions.
For Financial Year 2019-20 Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India has allotted 10 scholarship seats under ITEC for the Slovak nationals.
ITEC courses are offered in fields of : Accounts, Audit, Banking And Finance Courses, Agriculture, Food And Fertilizer, Artificial Intelligence, Banking, Insurance, Finance, Accounts And Audit, BASIC IT, Cyber Technologies, Education, Engineering And Technology, English Language, Environment And Climate Change, Environment And Renewable Energy Courses, Government Function, Health And Yoga, Human Resourse Development And Planning, Irrigation And Water Resources, IT, Telecommunication And English Courses, Management And Leadership, Management Courses, Media and Journalism, Petroleum And Hydrocarbon, Power, Renewable & Alternate Energy, Project Management, Quality Management, Rural Development And Poverty Alleviation, SME/Rural Development Courses, Smes And Entrepreneurship, Sustainable Development And South South Cooperation, Technical Courses, Telecommunication, Textile, Tourism, Trade And International Market, Urban Planning, Virtural Reality, Vocational Training.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ITEC participants will be provided with the following allowances and facilities:
- Excursion/economy class air tickets for travel from the participant’s country to the training Institute in India and back;
- Gratis Indian Visa for the duration of the Course;
- Course fees - borne by Government of India;
- Accommodation provided by Government of India in hostel/hotel, depending on the Institute. Participants are required to pay for services availed by them such as (a) Room service, (b) Laundry, (c) Local and outstation telephone calls, fax, etc.;
- Living Allowance @ Rs. 1200/- per day and on pro-rata basis for part thereof to meet expenditure on food, out-of-pocket expenses, etc. The allowance is calculated from the date of arrival till the date of departure;
- Disbursement of the Living Allowance will be made by the Institute on a weekly/fortnightly basis (as decided by the Institute); the participants are supposed to pay for their meal out of this allowance. In case the Institute makes arrangement for the food, a portion of the allowance will be deducted by the Institute in advance and rest will be paid to the participants. Participants may wish to bring some extra money for shopping and other dietary needs;
- Book Allowance of Rs. 5000/- (approx. US$ 76.8) for purchase of course-related books and purchase receipts need to be submitted for reimbursement;
- Study Tour(s) as part of the Course Curriculum to familiarize with Indian culture and history (which is mandatory);
- Medical facility is for ailments of immediate and emergencynature occurring in India. No medical reimbursement allowed for ailments of chronic nature. Participants must carry their own medicine for regular and chronic ailments like diabetes, hypertension, etc. For regular/chronic ailments, all consultation charges of doctor/medicines etc. would be borne by the participants.
If any special assistance is required by a participant during his/her stay in India, that should be intimated to Mission as well as to the concerned Institute prior to departure for India. It is advised that participant may check with the Institute about the availability of facility required by him/her.
For further detailed information please click here
WHO CAN APPLY
Employees/Officials in Government, Semi-Government, Public and Private Sectors, Universities/Schools, Chambers of Commerce and Industry, etc.
- Candidates should possess adequate work experience.
Eligibility criteria for admission to Courses
- Academic qualifications as laid down by the Institute for the Course concerned.
- Working knowledge of English required to follow the Course.
- Age between 25 to 45 years.
- Medically fit to undertake the training.
- For more information on who can apply click here
Should have not attended any course sponsored by Government of India before
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants can apply for ITEC training program by filling up the online application form and take a print out of filled form. This form is to be submitted to the nodal/designated Government Department/Agency of applicant's country.
- Nodal/designated Department/Agency is, in turn, required to forward the applications to the Embassy of India in Bratislava along with undertaking by candidate and certification from employer (Part-II of Application Form).
- Candidates may later check the status of their application by logging-in at www.itecgoi.in. The credentials for log-in may be noted while filling up the form.
- Applications should reach the Embassy of India in Bratislava preferably 01 month before the commencement of the Course.
- Upon selection, the Embassy of India will inform the nodal/designated Department/Agency of the nominating country and the candidate.
- Selected candidates are required to familiarize themselves fully with the living conditions in India and about the Institute through the Institute's website.
- Decision regarding acceptance of applications/nominations rests solely with the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
- For any further information/clarification, applicants are requested to contact the Embassy of India in Bratislava